Pages



Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Shrimp on the Barbie

Shrimp on the Barbie.  I feel like no one in Australia actually says that.  But you bet your ass I do every time I grill shrimp.  During the week, I like to do easy suppers and take shortcuts whenever I can.  Grilling in the summertime is one way to get in a quick, healthy dish.  This simple supper (say that 5 times fast) only requires 6 ingredients and takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish.  I found a variety pack of BBQ sauce at Target and since I am an impulse buyer, it was in my cart within 4 seconds.  I also used the peeled/de-veined shrimp and the frozen pineapple chunks as a shortcut.  And for the record, the word de-veined makes me want to vom and I can't even think about it when I eat shrimp.  Some people also suggest soaking the wooden skewers before grilling, but I didn't because Danger is my middle name.


If you've never cooked shrimp before, then you really need to reconsider who you are as a person should know that it only takes a couple of minutes to cook per side.  Nothing says summer to me more than charred veggies straight off the grill that no one in my family will eat besides me.  Honestly, there is nothing more fulfilling as a mom than to hear your toddler bawl the entire meal saying, "I just don't like dis shrimps."  HEARTWARMING. 

 

Happy grilling, friends!  Let me know what you're cooking up this week!

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Chasing The Christensens