Pages



Sunday, October 29, 2017

Homemade Body Butter + Where Did October Go?

Hello Friends!  I cannot believe Halloween is this week!  For us, October was filled with beautiful weather, a puppy named Duke joining our family, a trip to the apple orchard, a couple of park dates, and we finally managed to buy some pumpkins a couple of days ago to set on the porch. #MomFail

Lately, I've been very into essential oils and reading about some of the benefits they have to offer (sorry if this doesn't interest you, skip to a lower paragraph haha).  I decided to try and make my own whipped body butter after seeing this recipe..  It only has 3 ingredients (more depending on how many essential oils you mix in). I decided to use 8 drops of grapefruit, 5 drops of lavendar, and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang.  It smells so good!  This was super easy and took about ten minutes to make from start to finish.  For the container, I just used an old candle container.  Does anybody else buy candles to try and re-use the container?  My inner 80-year-old lady is BEAMING with pride.




It is a little greasy because of the coconut oil, but I need to let it harden in the fridge.  There are so many more recipes out there, I will be making more in the near future!  Also, if you don't feel like making your own, these would be the ones that I would buy (and plan to buy at some point).  She also just started an organic + mineral make-up line that I can't wait to try!

Early in October, a new boy joined our family.  He is a mini goldendoodle and his name is Duke (after John Wayne of course).  We decided to get a puppy because we are insane.  That is literally the only reason.  Oh, and we thought it would be good for the girls since they were terrified of anything with more than two legs.  He has been good for the girls and good for us.  Make sure you listen to people when they tell you puppies are like a newborn.  Because they are. :)   I love listening to Daphne call him "Dukey Bear" and telling him that he's a good boy.  That girl has a lot of love to give. 


 

I have one confession, I've been listening to Christmas music one or two times a week since the beginning of October.  I know, I know.  Don't hate me cause you ain't me.  Just kidding.  I love Halloween and this time of year--I get such a sense of gratitude.  Thankful for all of the family time, thankful for a safe harvest (we have lots of farmers in our life), and thankful for all we have.  I hope everyone has a safe and fun trick or treat night!  All of the candy is hard on my mom body.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Chasing The Christensens