Pages



Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday Thoughts + The Finished Barn Door

Ahhh Sundays.  I love Sundays.  Our intentional family time day, football watching day, napping day, baking day, and bed making day.  I only make our beds on Sundays.  Let's be real, I can barely manage to walk out the door on time while giving the girls a banana + granola bar for breakfast...so bed-making most definitely isn't happening during the week.  But what is it about crawling into a nicely made bed that is so comforting?


Last week, I wrote about this old door that had been sitting out in my parent's shed for 30+ years.  I love giving old things new life.  Our old house is a perfect canvas for projects like that.  I love how it turned out!  The door didn't fit the width of any of our doorways, so a sliding barn door was our only simple option.  I stole this idea from a friend who used an old door similar to this for her pantry and I love how it looked.  We ended up cleaning the hardware with ketchup.  I know, I gave Tate a really grossed out look when he suggested it.  But, it worked!  We let it sit on the hardware for about an hour and it really took almost all of the grime off.  I always get hungry for hot dogs when I am near this door now though....kidding.  

 

Daphne will not stop opening and closing this door.  She basically gets into everything we tell her not to.  I thought I would try the ole "reverse psychology" trick.  She's onto me.  She still won't leave the door alone.





The rest of today, we plan on going to the park and then watching our nephew's football game.  Yesterday, Libby had her first soccer game of the season.  It was SO FUN watching all of the little kids play.  Libby is on the same team as two of her best friends, so she is loving it so far.  During the game, one of her friends went over to play with some blocks that another kid sitting on the sidelines had brought.  We had to remind her to focus. :)     

After Libby's game, the girls and I went down to mom and dad's to finish moving most of the big stuff.  If your area is ever in a drought and desperate for rain, just plan on moving large pieces of furniture on an open trailer. I guarantee it will rain.  Most of their furniture survived, however we lost two couches due to a yellow tarp staining the couch.  I was joking with mom last night about the stained couch incident saying that the slogan for mine and my brother-in-law's moving service would be "We hope you don't care about your shit."  It was a lot of work, but it is nice to have most of the big pieces done.  My sister was there.  I'm not sure what all she did.  She likes to take three 20-minute breaks per hour while moving.   She's going to hate me when she reads this. 



I better wrap this post up because the natives are getting restless.  Looks like it is time for lunch and then off to the park we go!  I hope you all have a great rest of your weekend. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Chasing The Christensens