Pages



Friday, July 14, 2017

11 Things

Hello!  I'm calling this post 11 Things because I am going to talk about...you guessed it, 11 things I love, want, and am thinking about at the moment.  Soooooooo creative, right? 


1.  Cherry Pancakes

My new fruit obsession is cherries.  I've always loved the sour cherries used in cherry pie but never really bought the other varieties found in the grocery store.  My mom had me try some the other day and it was instant bliss.  I am dying to make these cherry buckwheat pancakes on a weekend we don't have much planned.  They sound so delicious!

2.  Where did Summer Go? 

Why does summer last 6 hours and winter feels like 800 years?   I can't believe July is halfway over.  Our pool days are limited and the girls are already starting to outgrow their swimsuits (girls, I feel you).  Daphne just had her two year check-up and she grew 2 inches since January!

3.  A Color Story and VSCO photo editing apps

I take 85% of the pictures I post on here on mine or Tate's iPhone's and the rest with my DSLR camera.  However, 100% of editing is done on my phone via apps called A Color Story and VSCO.  These apps are the real deal, folks.  There are so many filters and options to give you pretty much any effect that you are looking for.  Most of the time, I go light on the filters.  I like the bright pops of color!  *Tip:  Make sure you have lots of natural light in your photo so that they don't end up grainy when you try and apply the filter. 

4.  Game of Thrones

I would love to start watching this when I have time.  I borrowed the first four seasons from my parents.  I've got some binge watching to do.

5.  We have about 5,680 Summer Projects Left

I feel like we have done a lot of outside projects this summer but still have many more.  We need to paint our front porch floor and steps, stain our back deck, lay a brick patio (we are using bricks from Tate's parent's old barn), and re-build the back steps.  It sounds like Tate has a busy summer left. :)

6.  Kayaking

Tate and I are having a date tomorrow with two other couples.  We decided to go kayaking down the river.  Seriously, all I can think about right now is the water moccasin scene from Lonesome Dove, any scene from the movie Anaconda, and basically every other snake movie ever made.  Aside from all of my snake thoughts, I am looking forward to it. I'm 98% scared and 2% excited.  Or maybe it's 2% scared and 98% excited.  Either way it will be fun!

7.  Is it Football Season Yet?

I can't wait for football.  I always get so antsy for it after the 4th of July.  There is nothing like drinking a cold beer surrounded by friends and family watching our favorite teams. 

8.  Halloween Costumes

I am already thinking about what the girls are going to be for Halloween.  I think of ideas early, then throw everything together at the last minute. Tate is still refusing to dress up as Peter Pan or the Cowardly Lion so I will need to come up with a Plan B.  I wish he wasn't such a fun hater sometimes. 

9.  The Girls

Daphne loves a good knock-knock joke.  She loves to tell the same one over and over.  I still laugh every time because it is so darn cute when she says it.  Libby is now all about telling me a bedtime story.  A story the other night involved a princess in a castle and a dragon.  The dragon came and ate the princess, but spit her out because she tasted disgusting.  Another one involved a little girl who had a mommy named Chelsea and they went to a castle made of cupcakes and ate them all (okay, I like where this is going).  But the cupcakes gave them stinky farts--she would not stop giggling about this.  Then, a monster came along and ate the cupcakes and poked their eyeballs out.  Thanks for the nightmare, Libby.  

10.  The Iowa State Fair

If you aren't from Iowa, you just won't understand...but The Fair is a big deal to most Iowans.  It serves basically any fried food you can dream of (fried pickle roll-ups anyone?) and one of the vendors sells a bucket of cookies that are literally the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted.  They also have really good concerts!  My favorite is the 80's cover band called Hairball.  They dress up like all of the hair bands and sound amazing. 

11.  Chelsea vs. Tate

90% of being married is just yelling "WHAT" from other rooms.  The other 10% is a mix of wedded bliss, house chores and arguments.  I sometimes swim so deep in my own estrogen pool that I'm not sure how my husband deals with me half the time.   Do you ever get irrationally mad at your spouse and then later realize how ridiculous you are but you are too stubborn to apologize?  Me neither.  :)   The other night I got upset with him because we had planned to go to our local aquatic center as a family.  I looked forward to it all day.  Tate is Mr. Impatient, and he didn't wait for me and took the girls up there by himself.  By the time I would get home, they would all just be ready to leave and the world was probably going to end.  So he earned himself a little bit of his favorite - the silent treatment.  I knew I was in the wrong (I got mad at my husband for being a good father)...but I wasn't ready to admit it.  I sent him a picture of a skeleton and said "Me waiting for you to apologize."  I always try and make light of any situation, which can be a good thing and a bad thing.  He also face-timed me the next morning because I was gone by the time the girls got up and I said "Are you calling to apologize?" And he smiled. 



This wraps up all of my thoughts at the moment! I hope you all are having a great week so far!  I had to include a couple of pics of the girls.  I came across this baby picture of Libby and couldn't stop starting at her rubber band arms and chunky thighs.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Chasing The Christensens