Pages



Sunday, July 9, 2017

Daphne's 2nd Birthday

Daphne.  Oh, where do I begin?  Let's start from the beginning.  With you, I had a fairly easy pregnancy.  You were an easy newborn, way easier than your sister might I add!  You slept through the night around 6 weeks old, you loved snuggles, and you hardly had any blowouts.  The perfect baby.  Then, something went drastically wrong.  I am only kidding of course, but you are definitely our wild child.  You strut around like you own the place, which you kind of do.  You tend to ignore our simple requests such as "Please don't color all over grandma's 150-year-old church pew with scented markers" or "Please stay out of the road."  You are such a daddy's girl and he is so proud of that.  You are your sister's best friend and I will be forever grateful you both have each other.  You love to swim in the pool and enjoy any kind of sucker you can get your dirty little hands on--even when you go grab them out of grandma's cupboard when no one is watching.  Your favorite foods are fruit of any kind and ice cream.  You call it ice keem though, and it is so cute.





I hope you always keep your independence and your fearlessness (although I will admit, that characteristic has shortened my life about 5-10 years already).


Saturday, we had some family over and celebrated the birthday girl.  We had sub sandwiches, pasta salad and fresh fruit for lunch.  Tate made homemade ice cream in the brand-new-but-unused-for-a-year ice cream maker and I made Daphne's cake.  She picked out funfetti and wanted pink frosting.  I tried a new frosting recipe and I thought it paired really well with that flavor of cake!  I'm not sure I would love it with any other kind of cake, but it was good on this flavor.  Here is the recipe:

Whipped Cream Frosting

  • 1 quart heavy whipping cream
  • 1 box (3.4 oz) instant Jell-O pudding - I used cheesecake flavor
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar

    Whip the whipping cream and Jell-O pudding mix until it gets thick, then slowly add the powdered sugar and voila! Frosting!  Also sing the song "Whip It" as you do this.  It will taste better, trust me. Whip it good.



Tate's ice cream turned out amazing and he will be making that until the end of time.  After lunch, the birthday girl opened all of her presents and then we headed off to the aquatic center with family and friends.  I think she had a great birthday because she slept in two hours past her normal wake-up time. #ParentWin



Daphne - I hope you always know how loved you are.  I will always remember you as this little girl with strawberry blonde hair and a sticky sucker face.


To the moon and back, baby girl.  

"Love her, but leave her wild."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Chasing The Christensens