Pages



Sunday, July 23, 2017

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Yesterday I celebrated National Too F*cking Hot To Do Anything Outside Day by painting our front door.  There were so many chips in it, I just couldn't take it anymore.  It was sooooo hot out, my fat was crying.  I do love how fresh and clean it looks though, so it was worth it!  Fun fact:  The wreath on our door was left there by the previous owners.  I named her Wreatha Franklin.


We also went and picked out paint for our front porch floor.  I love the distressed look as much as anyone, but it's getting a little too rustic for my taste. AKA, all the paint has chipped off of the steps.  We thought about having them try and match the paint because the rest of the porch is in pretty good shape.  But I went with a little bit lighter color, so we will have to paint the whole thing. SON-OF-A....We went with the color circled below.  I almost went with the one just below it because it is called Front Porch and I am a sucker for clever marketing.  


The girls helped me move some plants into bigger pots so they can grow.  As soon as I opened the bag of dirt, Daphne said "Ewwwww dats gross!"  The plants were from a friend.  They are African Violets and they make such a pretty window plant.  African love them!  Get it? I shouldn't be giggling as much as I am about that...Okay, back on track.  I also love that the plants came from my friend's grandmother.  I love having little pieces of history scattered throughout our home.  I got the pots from Lowe's.  They have a lot of summer things on clearance right now so it is a good time to go get anything you need for next year!


Last night we took the girls to Despicable Me 3.  Daphne lasted about 3 minutes into the previews before she started running up and down the row.  She just isn't good at movie theaters yet.  About one hour into the movie, we surrendered.  Tate and Daphne went out to the truck so Libby and I could finish watching.  It was a cute movie.  Today we are going to swim at my mom and dad's pool.  This will consist of Libby sitting on the flamingo float the whole time and Daphne demanding me to throw her in the air or catch her as she jumps off the pool deck.  She also likes to play a made up game called Scuba where she sits on the side of a giant inner tube, yells SCUBA, and then falls backwards.  She is such a little fish.  Libby is more of a land dweller.  I hope you all have a great Sunday with friends and family.  May your work week go fast. :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Chasing The Christensens